Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Following the Sun



It's not a sunflower, but it was following the sun... shot taken in Galveston, TX

Update: Well, I guess I was wrong about this flower... actually it is a sort of sunflower, kinda miniature... it's been confirmed by a real florist!


An African immigrant, just after being recognized his legal status as legal resident in Germany, he started walking on the sidewalks of his new hometown. Soon he sees another walker and he starts talking to him:
- Thank you, dear German fella, thank you for accepting me in your beautiful country, for offering me help, home and welfare!
The walker says:
- You're wrong, buddy! I'm Albanian, not German!
The African keeps walking further and soon meets another walker.
- Thank you for accepting me in your beautiful Germany! says the African.
The guy stares for a second to the African, and tells him;
- I'm sorry, but I'm not German, I'm Bosnian!
Then he sees another guy, and tells him the same thing as he did with previously two guys.
- I'm sorry dude, but I'm not German, I'm Russian!
Kinda disappointed, the African keeps walking, then he sees an old woman passing by. He stops her and asks her:
- Excuse me, madam, are you German?
- No, answers the old woman, I'm Turkish!
Wondering what's going on, he asks her another question:
- But woman, where in the world are these Germans?
The old woman checks her handwatch and answers:
- They're for sure at work!

38 comments:

  1. excellent capture eddie...i love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it is not well...is so beautiful as it was...Great shot,and i like to see the sky also.Well seen,Eddie,i like this a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice composition; love the contrast between the colors :-)

    Hugs

    Virginie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent capture!

    Good joke!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful macro.
    maybe that is why I was a hard worker back when I was gainfully employed(I am more than 1/4 German)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shot. Sunflowers are my favorite..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic shot..good joke! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shot

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful capture and great joke

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a great shot Eddie, I really love the colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful composition of a beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mini sunflowers...who'da thunk it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep!
    Ya'll come back now ya hear.
    I love the sunflowers Eddie!!
    Great Capture!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is super cool

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suddenly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, shet-mah-mouth! This is home all over the place. :-) Yup, plenty of these along the ditches and in the prairie around the coastline. Great capture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful photography!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sunflowers are my favorite! Nice capture!

    ReplyDelete
  19. also one of my fav ,beautiful sunflowers and excellent capture eddie...great joke eddie..:):)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful capture !!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely sunflower! Fantastic perspective! (:

    ReplyDelete
  22. wunderbares "sonniges" Foto! Kann ich gebrauchen. Bei uns schneit es schon den ganzen Tag!

    Und Dein Witz ist natürlich KEIN Witz. Er ist die Wahrheit. Oder wenigstens die halbe....

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful photoshot my friend....i love sunflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Creative alignment and excellent photo my friend.....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very nice shot. Great flower and colour!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful composition and image!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good compo!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful sunflower. Super color and contrast.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fantastic Photo, Eddie. Details and colours are superb against the blue sky.I love this flower:))

    ReplyDelete
  30. Mario GiannecchiniMarch 10, 2010 at 9:54 AM

    Wonderful capture and great joke !

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete