Friday, August 13, 2010

Follow the Red Sun



A colorful sunrise in Galveston (where else!), shot taken about a week ago...

Today's joke:

A guy named Bud was overseeing his herd in a remote mountainous pasture in California when suddenly a brand-new BMW advanced toward him out of a cloud of dust.
The driver, a young man in a Brioni suit, Gucci shoes, RayBan sunglasses and YSL tie, leaned out the window and asked the cowboy, "If I tell you exactly how many cows and calves you have in your herd, Will you give me a calf?"
Bud looks at the man, obviously a yuppie, then looks at his peacefully grazing herd and calmly answers, "Sure, Why not?"
The yuppie parks his car, whips out his Dell notebook computer, connects it to his Cingular RAZR V3 cell phone, and surfs to a NASA page on the Internet, where he calls up a GPS satellite to get an exact fix on his location which he then feeds to another NASA satellite that scans the area in an ultra-high-resolution photo.
The young man then opens the digital photo in Adobe Photoshop and exports it to an image processing facility in Hamburg , Germany .
Within seconds, he receives an email on his Palm Pilot that the image has been processed and the data stored. He then accesses an MS-SQL database through an ODBC connected Excel spreadsheet with email on his Blackberry and, after a few minutes, receives a response.
Finally, he prints out a full-color, 150-page report on his hi-tech, miniaturized HP LaserJet printer, turns to the cowboy and says, "You have exactly 1,586 cows and calves."
"That's right. Well, I guess you can take one of my calves," says Bud.
He watches the young man select one of the animals and looks on with amusement as the young man stuffs it into the trunk of his car.
Then Bud says to the young man, "Hey, if I can tell you exactly what your business is, will you give me back my calf?"
The young man thinks about it for a second and then says, "Okay, why not?"
"You're a Congressman for the U.S. Government", says Bud.
"Wow! That's correct," says the yuppie, "but how did you guess that?"
"No guessing required." answered the cowboy. "You showed up here even though nobody called you; you want to get paid for an answer I already knew, to a question I never asked. You used millions of dollars wort h of equipment trying to show me how much smarter than me you are; and you don't know a thing about how working people make a living -- or about cows, for that matter. This is a herd of sheep........
Now give me back my dog!

57 comments:

  1. Gorgeous image!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. splendid image and very cool tale!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...really beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FANTASTIC picture!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember those sunsets over the water well. I haven't seen anything like it here on the west coast so I think Texas has it copyrighted. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful shot. And the toke is really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding capture. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joke's great, the image even better. What a wonderful image you've captured! Wish I were on that ship.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ROFLMAO, your tax dollars at work, perfect. Red Sky in the morning, Sailors take warning
    **Peace**

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really is a beautiful shot Eddie, it's one of those that really inspires

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, wow that is some kind of rockin camera you have!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful composition and subject.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this is beautiful~~ I visited Galveston about 1o years ago, and I hope to get back sometime soon..

    Nice work Eddie~

    ReplyDelete
  14. The atmosphere is wonderful Eddie!
    That's a great photo, I think the
    boat is Carnival Comp :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now I don't care who you are (except Congress), that's funny (and not so funny, so accurate). Carnival makes some unique smoke stacks. Great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  16. romantic capture...nice sunset

    ReplyDelete
  17. super cool image, great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a wonderful capture.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very beautiful sunset! Great joke

    ReplyDelete
  20. what an awesome sunrise... glad you were there and up so early.

    ReplyDelete
  21. And I'm glad that finally somebody had reading the message: it's sunrise, not sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very Beautiful sunrise eddie and excellent capture i love it...Great to see u...and cute JOKE >>:):)...

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Splendid sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful and fantastic backlighting.....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. excellent picture !

    ReplyDelete
  26. OH MY:) Hello Eddie:)) so nice to see yu and so sorry if I am late:)) This is wonderful:)) Where else you say?! May be... but very similar here in *Foz do Arelho*, I will share something with you, one of this days, when I find it...i have everything here in a mess!LOL!!!
    Great photo once again...and perhaps the colours are really UNIQUE! Thank you so much for the smile:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi. I came across your blog through another blog I follow and have signed up as a follower. When you’re free, please do visit me and let me know what you think of my blog and leave a comment. If you like, do follow as well. I am always open to great new people and interesting websites. Look forward to hearing from you

    ReplyDelete
  28. woowwww.....outstanding work ...done*******

    ReplyDelete
  29. You just go to love Mother nature...when you see an image like this !
    I discovered those black specks, when I zoomed in - what are they ?
    birds ? or your lens ??
    *BB*

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful image!! Well Done

    ReplyDelete
  31. I enjoyed reading the posts on your blog. I would like to invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God's blessings. Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  32. The Dream for All ;-)

    S U P E R B

    ReplyDelete
  33. Excellent capture pix´cture
    erland

    ReplyDelete
  34. beautiful capture and priceless joke :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous shot!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What an amazing sunset, it could be a painting, really excellent photo!! Joke - Thanks for the smile friend lol, hugs Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. that must be the crurse ship out of Galveston. cool looking

    ReplyDelete
  38. Fabulous capture my Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!bravissimo :DDD.Hugsxx Whylma

    ReplyDelete
  39. Wonderful capture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. You did very lovely pic.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Sensational sunrise... has that wow factor!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Very impressive silhouette !

    ReplyDelete
  43. Very beautiful sunrise and excellent shot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. An amazing capture!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  45. A wonderful image, great work indeed !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. B E A U T Y ! ! !

    ReplyDelete
  47. ;-) ..who ownes the sun?...cool shot!

    ReplyDelete