Sunday, August 2, 2009

Rough Sea



A shot from Galveston, the day when the ocean was really rough...

Today's joke:

As a bagpiper, I was asked by a funeral director to play at a graveside service for a homeless man who had no family or friends. The funeral was to be held at a cemetery in the remote countryside and this man would be the first to be laid to rest there.
As I was not familiar with the backwoods area, I became lost and being a typical man, did not stop for directions. I finally arrived an hour late. I saw the backhoe and the crew who were eating lunch but the hearse was nowhere in sight.
I apologized to the workers for my tardiness and stepped to the side of the open grave where I saw the vault lid already in place.
I assured the workers I would not hold them up for long but this was the proper thing to do. The workers gathered around, still eating their lunch. I played out my heart and soul.
I played and I played like I'd never played before, from Going Home and The Lord is My Shepherd to Flowers of the Forest . As I played the workers began to weep. I closed the lengthy session with Amazing Grace and walked to my car.

As I was opening the door and taking off my coat, I overheard one of the workers saying to another...
"Sweet Jaysus, Mary 'n Joseph, I have never seen nothin' like that before and I've been puttin' in septic tanks for 22 years."

54 comments:

  1. Great waves.Terrific capture as always!!I love it and the great sense of freedom it gives.I love your B/W,Eddie.Thank you!Breath deep:))))))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrifice capture ! love the mood and the b&w colors !

    Virginie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, funny story.

    Wonderful capture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful waves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful capture and cute story

    ReplyDelete
  6. great shot, impressive seascape

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Eddie - what an amazing shot! It could easily be the Atlantic ocean on the Namibian coast! Superb POV my friend! Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent photo my friend......!!!
    The nature expressed with all their unrestrainable force.....!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really a fantastic capture Eddie, I'd hate to be in the water during this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Joke! Wonderful surf pic!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very beautiful capture.Love the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Don'tcha just love it?!!? Gorgeous waves! Excellent shot! (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. A superb capture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, wow!!! this is an amazing shot. Wish I were there to have seen it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great shot...hope you didn't get wet to get to this POV:) This is going into favorites. Reminds me of my youth growing up on the south shore of Long Island, New York!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So rough I thought it was Poser (not real)!
    Fantastic capture, Eddie :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! Great joke!

    This look's very foreboding in B/W, excellent capture!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful waves well captured. Such turmoil.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the photo, looks like a fun area to navigate in a small boat! Love the joke too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is Shining work.

    ReplyDelete
  21. amazing capture and Great POV

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic imagination!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. @ Carl:

    I really don't get it... what kind of imagination are you talking about?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wonderful capture

    ReplyDelete
  25. Really nice shot! Great joke also lol.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous shot and a funny story my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ha!Ha! funny story. Nice shot of the waves/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome shot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. hahahaha great joke eddie...and WOwwwww This is amazing capture and Great POV love it...very nice work...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very rough and dramatic weather. What a great shot.
    Love the b/w look. More interesting that way.
    Funny joke. I will have to remember to tell my friend
    that one. Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  31. That is what we used to call - heavy seas. Wonderful capture.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  32. LMAO!! That was an awesome joke!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a fabulous shot! Really excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow...those almost look like hurricane waves! Very dramatic capture!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Those waves look angry! What a story!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Splendid capture and great joke :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. do look rough for sure

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love the sea in all its forms! This is fascinating though dangerous!
    Excellent capture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. NOT FOR ME... :)

    I"LL BE SICK ON THIS MOVING WATER

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wonderful capture,Eddie!I love the sea and this view is fabulous! What incredible power of nature,indeed!Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Fantastic sea sight.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Beautiful caputre! I can totally see why it was chosen for the 'pics of the week'!!

    And awesome joke too!

    ReplyDelete
  43. awesome seascape and a hilarious joke

    ReplyDelete
  44. I've been in the ocean when the waves were that choppy. Driving a Navy ship of all things... it's not easy to remain on course when the waves are trying to tackle you. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Semplicemente...FANTASTICO!!! (l'oceano). :)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Wonderful capture
    erland

    ReplyDelete
  47. Mario GiannecchiniApril 7, 2010 at 11:39 AM

    Beautiful capture and cute story!

    ReplyDelete