Thursday, January 14, 2010

Tuscan Lakes


Shot taken nearby Houston, in a sunny day, as you can see...

Many thanks for your comments on my last post with the Dynamo girl!

Today's joke:

A guy goes to the Government to interview for a job. The interviewer asks him:
"Are you a veteran?"
The guy says:
"Why yes, in fact, I served two tours inVietnam."
"Good," says the interviewer, "That counts in your favor. Do you have any service-related disabilities?"
The guy says:
"In fact I am 100% disabled. During a battle, an explosion removed my private parts so they declared me disabled, it doesn't affect my ability to work, though."
"Sorry to hear about the damage, but I have some good news for you, I can hire you right now! Our working hours are 8 to 4. Come on in about 10, and we'll get you started."
The guy says:
"If working hours are from 8 to 4, why do you want me to come at 10?"
"Well, here at the government, we don't do anything but sit around and scratch our balls for the first two hours. No point of your coming in for that"

34 comments:

  1. Postcard pretty! Excellent work! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drôle de pont où viaduc comme . Quoi passe sur ce pont?? Mais très belle prise mon ami . Bravo et mile mercis

    ReplyDelete
  3. a wonderful picture!!!!!

    And the last sentence in the joke is probably the truth;-))

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny joke Eddie.
    Love it when you showcase Houston. I am near there.
    Thanks for your comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic shot here eddie, love the pov you chose here

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tuoi scherzi per sorridere;)
    Bellissima foto Eddie.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bellissima da sembrare una cartolina!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Why Tuscan, from where come from this name? Beautiful bridge and reflection too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glix, here you can find more info: http://www.tuscanlakes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tuscan makes me think of Italy...the bridge/viaduct sure has the Roman feel and design...but here we are in Texas. Neat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are those Christmas wreathes on that bridge? I really have trouble imagining December looks like that anywhere in North America lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Houston ROCKS !! Wonderful shot my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very beautiful shot! love the Christmas Wreaths. cute joke!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh to have a Civil Service Job...or better yet...a Congressman....Scratch yer Balls half the day and Pat each other on the Back the Rest of it.
    **Peace**

    ReplyDelete
  15. something I missed in Houston.I must find it the next time I go.very beautiful landscape and capture

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and impressive place and wonderful photo my friend....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. a very impressive bridge, love how it dissapears into the trees

    ReplyDelete
  18. Funny joke. So true. Nice capture of the bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice scene and capture! Funny Joke!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Superb capture...Love it

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the reflection.Very beautiful shot.

    ReplyDelete
  22. A very very nice photo with great
    reflections! Well captured :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful sharp capture and reflection. Very funny joke.

    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful capture eddie and Great joke...:):)

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL....this is so true....
    Excellent capture!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful photo and lake.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Clear and precise phtography and love the reflections, very well done Eddie, hugs Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. very nice bridge and perfect capture my friend !

    ReplyDelete
  29. (ºO•-)•––––––––•(-• •°• °• Beautiful Image •°•°• •-)•––––––––•(-•Oº)

    ReplyDelete
  30. A wonderful picture! I love the reflection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Excellent work! very funny joke! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Beautiful shot. Here, we say the same. Good joke!!

    ReplyDelete